XY - Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme

Themeforest XY - Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme WordPress Theme

Download XY - Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme WordPress Theme

Download XY - Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme WordPress Theme

XY is a beautiful premium WordPress theme that is adaptable enough to suit almost any use, business or industry. This theme is perfect for businesses of all sizes, freelancers, app or service landing pages, product showcases and even photographers. It’s built-in options make tailoring the theme to your needs easy and includes the best selling Revolution Slider as an added free bonus.




What Buyers Say




Never has anyone been so willing to go the extra mile on customer support. This is a solid theme with a solid author who will back up his product and help you as much as is fair. Best support I have ever gotten from a theme.



Great customer support! Excellent theme. Stellar and the best I have worked with on Theme forest yet.



This theme is so clean and functions like a dream. The customer support is by far the best I have experienced on this site and others. Top class!!!



I know it’s not the most constructive feedback, but it’s just freaking awesome!


Great theme, very easy to setup and put together!



Hey! Amazing theme.



Btw, I want to say your customer service is TOP NOTCH! Thank you for fast responses x 1,000,000,000.


Getting Support


If you encounter a bug in the theme or have any pre purchase questions you can get support by posting your issue or question on the item’s comments page. When posting responses to your post please use the “reply” button on your original post so your conversation is threaded. This makes it easier to follow.

Features




Plugins Used




Updates



Version 1.5.1 – 19 July 2016



  • Updated TGM plugin activation class

  • Added Google Maps API key option to contact page (API key is now required)

  • Changed Google Maps to use Lat,Lng instead of Geocoded street address (due to usage limits)

  • Fixed some typos

  • Escape all strings and variables

  • Changed portfolio item link styling to a button

  • Updated .pot file

  • Queued Google fonts the correct way



Version 1.5 – 19 April 2016


  • Switched Options Framework to plugin version

  • Added Options Framework to required plugins prompt

  • CSS tweaks

  • Updated .pot file



Version 1.4.9 – 15 April 2016



  • Fixed WordPress 4.5 JS error

  • Updated Slider Revolution plugin



Version 1.4.8 – 10 March 2016



  • Updated bundled revolution slider plugin



Version 1.4.7 – 10 December 2015



  • WP 4.4 comment form CSS fix



Version 1.4.6 – 17 November 2015



  • Updated Slider Revolution plugin

  • Tweaked Safari background video bug fix



Version 1.4.5 – 09 November 2015



  • Fixed portfolio taxonomy and archive header image bug

  • Fixed MediaElement CSS bug



Version 1.4.4 – 25 October 2015



  • Updated Revolution Slider plugin version



Version 1.4.3 – 15 October 2015



  • Updated Options Framework

  • Minor code improvements

  • Enabled scrollbar on horizontal galleries and moved scroll arrows

  • Enqueued CSS before JS



Version 1.4.2 – 02 September 2015



  • Added WP 4.3 site icon support

  • Updated Funky Shortcodes plugin

  • Updated Revolution Slider plugin

  • Updated .mo/.po language files



Version 1.4.1 – 23 April 2015



  • TGM class update



Version 1.4 – 17 April 2015



  • Added support for WordPress 4.1 title tag

  • Improved favicon function

  • Video background fixes

  • Updated Language .mo/.po files



Version 1.3.9 – 05 November 2014



  • Fixed Google fonts HTTPS issue

  • Updated Revolution Slider plugin

  • Changed portfolio grid AJAX code

  • Fixed MediaElement video player CSS bug



Version 1.3.8 – 06 September 2014



  • Adjust TGM settings

  • Update Rev slider



Version 1.3.7 – 10 July 2014



  • Admin JavaScript page template detection tweak

  • Fixed WPML dynamic CSS bug

  • Updated Revolution Slider plugin

  • MediaElement player CSS tweak



Version 1.3.6 – 30 April 2014



  • Updated Funky Shortcodes Plugin (version 2.1.2)

  • Fixed MediaElement player styling



Version 1.3.5 – 23 April 2014



  • “blank” portfolio grids now hidden on responsive layout

  • Updated Funky Shortcodes plugin (version 2.1.1)

  • WordPress 3.9 compatibility



Version 1.3.4 – 16 April 2014



  • Reverted funky_the_slug() function

  • New fix for non-latin characters in dynamic CSS and scrolling to internal page anchors

  • Updated revolution slider.

  • Fixed horizontal gallery z-index bug

  • Fixed AJAX bug where hiding, loading and revealing content occurred out of order



Version 1.3.3 – 08 April 2014



  • Changed funky_get_slug() function to account for non-latin based languages.



Version 1.3.2 – 18 March 2014



  • Replace revolution slider shortcode with putRevSlider function

  • Update for revolution slider to version 4.3.0



Version 1.3.1 – 15 March 2014



  • Fixed Javascript scrolling bug



Version 1.3 – 13 March 2014



  • Updated Revolution slider plugin version

  • Added Envato Toolkit to recommended plugin list

  • Corrected jQuery scrollTop depreciated function

  • Added footer copyright text theme option

  • Fix for MediaElement control bar width in Firefox

  • Fixed Boxed grid top margin when there are no filters

  • Switched to new taxonomy options code (portfolio category layout options must be reset)

  • Separated post archive and portfolio archive into separate theme options

  • Added new theme options to wpml-config.xml for translation

  • Improved portfolio AJAX code

  • Updated language .po file



Version 1.2.2 – 01 February 2014



  • Column first child top margin tweaks.

  • Corrected theme options logo filed description.



Version 1.2.1 – 17 January 2014



  • Fixed Safari header CSS bug.

  • Fixed gallery not working on one-page layout.



version 1.2 – 14 January 2014



  • Fixed bug where feature image not being removed from horizontal gallery when option is enabled.

  • Removed duplicated JS.

  • Adjusted resizeHeroSection JS function to dynamically calculate default padding amount.



Version 1.1.1 – 08 January 2014



  • Fixed child theme dynamic stylesheet not updating.

  • Fixed php error on portfolio grid when no portfolio categories exist.



Version 1.1 – 08 January 2014



  • Improved MediaElement player skin.

  • Corrected site width default CSS value not matching default theme option.

  • Remove redundant localization JS files

  • Deleted redundant contact forms from dummy content.

  • Added “Number of Posts” option for “Portfolio Grid” and “Portfolio Full” page templates.

  • Reordered background video sources.

  • Adjusted some option description labels.

  • Improved preloader code to handle broken images.

  • Fixed Safari background video sound not muted.

  • Fixed Safari background parallax image not showing.

  • Fixed Chrome portfolio background parallax image not showing.

  • SEO improvements.

  • Added boxed portfolio grid option.

  • Improved documentation.

  • Update language files.



Version 1.0 – 16 December 2013


  • Initial release.

Download XY - Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme WordPress Theme

Comments

  1. Superb theme! Just one question at present… how do I add new (as in not provided with the theme) social icons to the footer?


    Cheers, S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to add the social icon manually by adding an extra a tag to the footer.php template file and then either:

    Find an icon font file that includes the social network icon you want and add it inside the a tag (as I have done with the existing icons).
    Create an image (and hover state image) of the icon and set it as the a tags background-image. This will also mean setting the a tags height and width.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appearance > Theme Options > General > Custom CSS Desktop

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should add it to the child theme style.css as it looks like you are planning a lot of customization. That field is probably validated to prevent HTML which is why it changes the arrow to the HTML entity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I did add it to the stylesheet, I’m just not clear how that impacts the desktop version vs the mobile version. Appreciate all your support so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The child theme style.css shouldn’t impact the responsive layout unless you put the CSS rules inside media queries. If you are changing CSS properties from the parent theme style.css like for like you shouldn’t have to worry about the responsive CSS.


    To modify the responsive CSS you will have to copy the media query break point from responsive.css into your child theme style.css and add the CSS for each screen size inside the corresponding media query.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Great theme. Thanks for developing it.


    Spent ages looking for a solution on the support threads but no luck due to the ambiguity of the term ‘header’. The site header text (I mean the actual title of my site on the header, not H tags) goes to two decks on Android but the header background doesn’t adjust so my surname is half hidden/cut off. http://www.glennhmitchell.com/


    I assume I add some custom script to the responsive css? I’m a hack so excuse me if I sound like a moron. Can you help me out please?


    cheers,


    G

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are two options: increase the header height or decrease the font size. It is easier to reduce the font size using the following responsive CSS:


    @media only screen and ( max-width: 767px ) {
    .text-logo {
    font-size: 18px;
    letter-spacing: 0;
    }
    }

    You can adjust the font size value to suit your site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this literally what I put into the child theme stylesheet? if so, no luck. I’m not familiar with responsive elements, just general css. Maybe plan B?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can copy the code straight into your child theme’s style.css. The code definitely works as I tested it on your site. You might have to reduce the font size further for the text to fit and also make sure your browser cache is cleared so the new CSS file is used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep. Good old cache. You’d think I would have learnt by now. Thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No problem at all. Best of luck with your website.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Eugene-Thanks for all your past help. I removed the navigation via the site-header {display: none} instructions—it worked perfectly. But can I still place a logo at the top of each page somehow without the site-header?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The display; none; will remove the header from view but it’s not a very clean way to do it as the site header is obviously still on the page. It would be better to remove it from the navigation.php template but I do not know what knock on effects that would have on the JS or page layout.


    As for the logo. If the header is hidden or removed then so is the site logo. You would have to manually add your own logo to the template files.


    Maybe it would be better to resize the site-header so that it only takes up the space of the logo and set the background to transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want the video or image to bleed at the top with my logo in front on the left. Firebug reveals that if I give the .header-bg a “0” opacity, then it will work. But I can’t access that span tag to make the change. Can you tell me if that’s ok and how to access? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The opacity of .header-bg is set using JavaScript as the page scrolls so you have to use the !important declaration to force your change.


    .header-bg { opacity: 0 !important; }

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Thanks for the speedy reply-it worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I have managed to reduce the space above the first blog post and the header on the blog page, but can’t see where I can do the same for viewing on mobiles?


    Any help appreciated,
    Cheers


    www.iamsi.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. It’s in the responsive stylesheet.


    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px)
    .entry-header {
    padding: 120px 0 !important;
    }

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for the speedy reply!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Eugene—My Hero pages no longer roll to the top (they no longer fill in the browser top to bottom) when the scroll link is clicked. When you have time, can you please take a look? http://www.johnwtaylor.com/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think this is because of your modifications. You’ve removed the header bar so you’ll have to adjust the JavaScript function in jquery.custom.js that scrolls the page. There is an uncompressed version of the file in the development directory in the theme files.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ugh. You’re so right. I should have followed your advice earlier, “Maybe it would be better to resize the site-header so that it only takes up the space of the logo and set the background to transparent.” Now I can’t find where to put the header back in!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! First of all, great looking theme. I’m looking to purchase your theme, but I have a few questions before I do so.


    I see this theme is created around the end of 2013, are you still planning to continue maintaining it for quite a time to come?
    Is the loading screen before entering the site required to have on? Or can you disable this?
    Can I place a video on top of the header (instead of text) and not just in the background?


    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have no plans to add any new features to this theme. There’s no reason that I am aware of that this theme would stop working with future versions of Wordpress as it’s built to WordPreas standards.


    The loading overlay has to run but doesn’t have to be visible.


    I don’t think it’s possible to add a video to the header.


    I would recommend my newest theme, Experience, over XY.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi there,


    you’ve done a great job with the XY Theme – love it!


    I’m using the portfolio function for displaying products – and therefore I would like to have permalinks without “portfolio” in it:


    So instead of: http://www.website.com/portfolio/chips/
    I would like to have http://www.website/chips/


    I’ve searched all your files and I think I’m gonna break the theme if I start changing things in multiple files.


    Possible? Could you help?


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The theme uses the Portfolio Post Type plugin. You should take a look through the plugin support forum for anything about how to change the post type slug and if there isn’t anything you should make a post there asking the developers.


    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/portfolio-post-type

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, is it possible to have the same effect (logo changing colours) for the logo when scrolling down as with this template: http://demo.nrgthemes.com/projects/sturlly/banner-video/


    Thanks, Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  31. No that it is not possible with XY.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi. I see some problems after update in “taxonomy_options”. If i try to change something in theme options, nothing happened. I upload my old files in folder “taxonomy_options” and everything is work good.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem but I am going to change the theme options over to the plugin version of Options Framework so that it can be kept up to date. I’ll post the update either Monday or Tuesday next week.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Eugene, before purchasing xy business one page I wanted to confirm that I can use images I already have as background etc? Just checking because it seems some themes are linked/limited to certain images or image selling sites – but I would like to use my own. And, what is the ideal size (not pixel but file) for images, is there a limit? Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes you can use any image as the background images. Please note that the images you see in the demo are not included in the theme package but as you say you are using you own images that shouldn’t be a problem.


    Ideally you want the image file sizes to be as small as you can possibly get them without effecting the image quality. For full screen background images I usually use images that are either 1600×1200 or 1440×900 and try to keep them below 250KB but that wont be possible if the image has a lot of colours and detail. There is no limit to the file size but the larger the image is the longer the image will take to load so take the time to optimize them. I also use the Smush It plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/) to further reducet the file size.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great, thank you for the quick reply!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi there,


    I’m a little bit of a Wordpress rookie so bear with me. I’m used to designing sites on marketing automation platforms like HubSpot.


    I just bought your theme and uploaded it into Wordpress and everything seemed to work fine but I don’t know how to choose between the different options like Story, Portfolio Grid, etc. I was hoping to have it look very similar to the demo upon uploading. Mine just looks like a white page with nothing to it.


    Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi,


    We have included the demo content XML files in the complete theme download package (the download from Themeforest that also includes the documentation files and licensing documents).


    You can import whichever of these demo content XML files using the official WordPress Importer by going to Tools > Import in your site’s dashboard and selecting “WordPress” from the list. You will then be prompted to install the WordPress Importer plugin.


    You can see the official documentation here


    Please note that the images and videos used in the demos are not included in the demo content as stated on the item description page.


    I hope that helps
    - Obi

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, just installed it and it’s all there but I’ve had some negative feedback on the strong red for XY Story theme. Can’t figure out how to change it though. Apologies if this is a common question but can’t find the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi,


    The default colours are set in the theme options (Theme Options > Appearance. They are the “Background Colour” option for the actual page background and “Content” option for the content area default background colour.


    The background colours of each page can be changed on the individual page edit screens.


    Each page is split into two section: the header (where the title is displayed) and the content area itself. You can change the background of each of the two section independently using the Header Options and Content Options below the content editor on the page’s edit screen.


    I hope that helps,
    - Eugene

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi,
    i just update to latest version of wordpress and theme but now page is blank?
    How is it possible to fix this?
    You find site here:
    http://annalisaericson.se/

    Best regards
    L G Blom

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi,


    The demo is running on the WordPress 4.6 so I don’t believe there are any direct compatibility issues. After looking at your site I can see that the pages are loading but appear blank because the preloader is not fading out. This is because the page load JavaScript function is not running. Inspecting the page source I see that the theme’s footer is completely missing so the JavaScript files are also missing. This is most likely because he template files have been modified and the get_footer() functions have been removed.


    I hope that helps.
    - Eugene

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great Theme! Since the new Update i have problems with the Contact Page. I added a Google Maps API Key several times but it still won’t work.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi,


    The Map Address option where you used to enter the marker’s street address now needs to be the map markers lat,lng coordinates. The option description should have been updated to reflect his but was overlooked.


    Getting the map marker lat,lng coordinates is really simple. Navigate to the location on google maps and right click on the spot where you want the marker to be placed. Then select the “What’s here?” option from the right click menu to display the coordinates. Copy/paste the coordinates into the Map Address option on the contact page’s edit screen and the map should display.


    Let me know if that doesn’t work and we can take a further look.


    - Eugene

    ReplyDelete
  45. Purchase code is invalid!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi,


    What were you trying to do with the purchase code? The entire sales process is handled by the Envato marketplace so you will have to contact their support directly about this.


    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202822600
    https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

    - Eugene

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hola
    soy incapaz de importar las plantillas…
    he comprado el tema unicamente para usar esta plantilla:
    http://xy.websitesmash.com/landing-page/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi,


    The demo content XML file can be found in the “demo content” folder of the complete theme download. The XML files are imported using the standard WordPress import tool by going to Tools > Import in the admin dashboard.


    Please note that the images and videos used in the demo are not included in the demo content XML files.


    - Obi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pav Wines Responsive Theme

Tango - Responsive HTML5 Template

Teddy-Responsive Blog Magazine Portfolio WP Theme