Nerdy: A WordPress Blog Theme

Themeforest Nerdy: A WordPress Blog Theme WordPress Theme

Download Nerdy: A WordPress Blog Theme WordPress Theme

Download Nerdy: A WordPress Blog Theme WordPress Theme

Don’t forget to follow us :)



Update History

Click here to view the Nerdy WP Changelog





Full of features…

Portfolio Layouts





Showcasing your work has never been easier. You can show wide width images and videos within a slider, stacked or even via a lightbox. On top of that, you control whether the content goes above or below your work. With this theme it really is all about the work.




Homepage Layouts




With 3 main homepage layouts for your portfolio, you can show a wall of work, text and a small image or wide width images.




All post formats supported

Aside, audio, video, gallery, image, status, chat, link, quote, standard – we support them all in this theme.





Unlimited Color Options

You can control colours for the entire theme using our easy to use options panel.





More fonts than you can shake a stick at

Google fonts, Typekit fonts, Adobe Edge fonts, standard fonts – these are all built in and easy to setup, just follow the inline help.





Pushy Fonts




Full feature list





  • New: Enable Comments on Portfolio single pages

  • Add a site wide header image to sit behind your logo/website title

  • Jetpack Infinite Scroll support on index/archive/author/search

  • New Twitter oAuth API support

  • Fully fluid design, which goes up to 1680x wide!

  • Built mobile first, for speed with IE fallback

  • 11 Page/Single/Custom post type templates

  • Unlimited Portfolio pages

  • Unlimited Blog pages

  • All templates are HTML5 compliant

  • Child theme supplied

  • Portfolio custom post type with gallery functionality built in for video + images. You also don’t have to use the flexslider, turn this off per portfolio item for a stacked layout. Portfolio post type also comes with a lightbox option too!

  • Client logos custom post type, you can switch these on/off on any post or page

  • Show/Hide Sidebar on any default page individually

  • Full control of colours and font sizes and fonts

  • General template text translatable via Theme Options

  • Minified JavaScript files for increased performance, we provide un-compressed versions of the 2 core files if you want to tweak functionality.

  • Google Analytics

  • Show/hide tagline

  • Show/hide author information

  • Show/Hide social icons in footer

  • Turn sharing on/off across posts, pages, portfolio

  • Share via twitter including your username

  • On/off truncation for long links in comments

  • Turn off “archives” text block

  • On/off widgets in footer

  • White/Black social icons

  • Show/Hide footer credit

  • Set width for mobile menu to kick in

  • Hide/show page menu

  • Widget areas for Archive & Single, Page, Contact & Blog templates

  • Custom Video widget

  • Custom Twitter oAuth API 1.1 Widget

  • Disable featured images on gallery posts

  • Disable featured images on all posts

  • Hide read more on blog

  • Plain text logo option

  • Logo upload

  • Retina logo upload

  • Apple touch icon upload

  • Favicon upload

  • Tiled background

  • Full size cover background

  • Turn on slideshow for blog galleries

  • Set interval for blog galleries

  • Set amount of portfolio items for portfolio template to show before pagination

  • Contact form email address

  • Google API v3 Maps support (you’ll need to sign up for a key)

  • Google pin upload

  • Built-in contact form

  • Contact 7 Form support and styling built-in

  • Custom lightbox to convert standard WordPress gallery

  • Localisation support with provided .mo and .po files

  • Custom Menu

  • Featured image support

  • Drop down menus

  • Shortcodes

  • Shortcodes for social icons including: Twitter, App.net, Facebook, Linked In, Google+, Zerply, Vimeo, YouTube, Pinterest, Dribbble, Github, Instagram, Flickr, Behance, RSS

  • Shortcode for quotes including quote source and ratings

  • Automatic Theme updates (from within WordPress)

  • Fully responsive (optimised for iPad and iPhone with retina graphics)

  • Extensive documentation

Download Nerdy: A WordPress Blog Theme WordPress Theme

Comments

  1. I just want to say that I installed this theme around a year or so ago and I think it is beautiful. I have really enjoyed it.. However, I see that there are options here that I can’t access…. for instance, I can not access the home page options of “wall” “big” and “small’... the only choice I can see is between a “static” home page and a “blog posts” home page… Can someone please help!
    thanks, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, glad to hear you are still loving it! The Wall, Big and Small layouts are explained on pages 20 and 21 of the documentation PDF. Basically you set up a new page as your homepage with the template “Page – Homepage” you choose the layout setting there for your portfolio items and then you set that page as a static homepage.


    If you need anything else please log a ticket at http://meanthemes.ticksy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this theme work with WordPress 4.1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, yes it does, we’ve just updated the compatibility information too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay thanks! My client purchased and I upgraded it for her and everything went blank so we had to go back to version 1.2.1 – hopefully we are good to go

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s weird, all tried and tested here on WordPress 4.1 running the latest version of Nerdy (1.2.5). If you have any more issues please raise a support ticket at http://meanthemes.ticksy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok thanks will do

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI


    I’d like to my home page to be most recent posts, but use the ‘homepage small’ layout. After downloading I realise I have to set up a portfolio and use a static page. Is there any way of adapting the theme so my blog page/home page uses this layout?


    Thanks
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrew. Yes that’s right it is a portfolio template. The theme only has 1 blog layout which you can switch a sidebar on/off. If you want to convert the homepage layout to use it with blog items instead of portfolio then it is a customisation that you or a developer would need to make. I’d imagine it would be about 3 hours work to complete so make sure you get a competitive quote from a developer if you want to make the change and make sure the change is done via a child theme and not using the core theme files.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,


    I am using version 1.2.6 and I see my site fails to load on mobile. Chrome on my Nexus 4 phone (latest Android version) and Safari on my iPad 2 (latest Safari version on iOS 7.1.1.) both fails.


    Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, we’ve just released 1.2.7 that fixes the issue. Please check your WordPress > Updates / Appearance > Themes for the latest update. You’ll also get an email from ThemeForest once the theme update has been approved. So sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The update solves the problem. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No problem and apologies once again for introducing the bug in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it possible to use the wall version of the home page to display stickied or featured blog posts?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there no the wall layouts are just for portfolio items. It could be done though if you know some PHP and CSS. It would take a developer around 3 hours work I’d imagine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is there a way to change the url “portfolio” to any name I want?
    How can I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can do that via the translation files, check out this support FAQ for details on how to translate: http://meanthemes.ticksy.com/faq/594


    If you need anything else, please log a ticket a http://meanthemes.ticksy.com/ thanks for purchasing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello,


    I installed Jetpack and it distorted my contact page on Nerdy.


    Any idea how to fix this?


    thanks.


    http://www.desireroberts.com/contact/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Desiré please submit a support ticket at https://meanthemes.ticksy.com and we will take a look. We like to leave the comments for pre sales questions

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello,


    I have a small problem. I’m already add <!-more-> in my post, but I can’t see “CONTINUE READING”, how to fix it?


    Picture1: http://i.imgur.com/AnAdkyg.jpg
    Picture2: http://i.imgur.com/aVicz3q.jpg
    Picture3: http://i.imgur.com/dZVxZ1k.jpg


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please put a support ticket in on https://meanthemes.ticksy.com and make sure you provide an administrator level login for us to login and take a look. Thanks for purchasing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello,


    I already open a ticket on meanthemes.ticksy.com.


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely, thanks for opening a ticket, we’re looking at it now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Still love this theme a lot, I installed it few months ago on http://mariannehoed.nl and would like to custimize a few things now. We would love to have the buttons to social media in the blog per post. Is this possible? thanks a lot. Regards, Robert Glotzbach

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, glad you’re still loving it


    Yes you can put the social icons back on the bottom like they are on mobile with a little CSS… paste this into Theme Options > Styling & Font Options > Custom CSS Block…


    .post-share a {
    position: relative !important;
    left: auto !important;
    top: auto !important;
    }

    If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to log a support ticket at https://meanthemes.ticksy.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for helping This puts a button at the bottom of the page. However I would like it be be in every post so that people can like or share it. I will log a support ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there it is on every post? So I assumed you meant place at the bottom of every post?

    ReplyDelete
  28. compatible with WP 4.2.2??

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just want to say after buying some many broken themes on the marketplace, the nerdy theme has been a huge relief. Great design, great customization options – very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks that means a lot ????

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey is there an option to remove orange arrows on sides of pages ?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey there no there isn’t that’s the only way to navigate to each post. You could hide them wish CSS pretty easily through.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello, How can I center the featured image on posts? Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi there, we don’t offer support for this item… but as this is so simple, all you need to do is insert this extra CSS into Theme Options > Styling & font Options > Custom CSS Block:


    .post-thumb img {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you! But, that doesn’t work…
    I’ve tried this also:

    .post-thumb img {
    display: block !important;
    margin: 0 auto !important;
    }


    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  36. As I said, we don’t offer support for this item. You may have pasted this into the wrong place – if you paste it as I said above, clear any caches and try again and it still doesn’t work, please share a link (with the CSS still in tact) and I’ll take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello, I’m trying to just have a logo image as the header (rather than a site title), but I also want my site named for search engines… is there a tick box for that?

    ReplyDelete
  38. The site will have a title in the tab/title bar whether there is a logo or not. It is set from general settings as a standard WordPress feature.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Can you addicons links under the logo for social like your textual theme

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey guys, I tried to update wordpress last week but it broke the website. Not sure if there is an issue with the theme. Have you received any reports on this?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Desire, if you look at the changelog you’ll see we released an update in August to fix a post_thumbnail function issue which may be what you are referring to.


    http://update.meanthemes.com/changelog/nerdy/update.html

    You just need to download the latest Nerdy from ThemeForest > Downloads Tab and re-upload to your website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pav Wines Responsive Theme

Tango - Responsive HTML5 Template

Teddy-Responsive Blog Magazine Portfolio WP Theme