The Kitchen Table: Responsive Recipes WP Theme
Themeforest The Kitchen Table: Responsive Recipes WP Theme WordPress Theme

The Kitchen Table is a super simple recipes theme for WordPress. Using built-in features of WordPress, The Kitchen Table is super easy to manage and control using the theme customizer.
What Buyers Are Saying
Customer support is speedy and useful. Design is beautiful and functional. Includes the features I want for a cooking site, like printer-friendly recipe printing and a nice way to show off food pix. I spent a LOT of time choosing the WordPress theme to migrate my site to. I’m glad I chose The Kitchen Table!
- VesnaVK (bought 10-49 items)
I have to say the support for this site is fantastic! I love the design but needed to customize it for a fireplace manufacturer. Response was great and the solutions given helped me get the site looking the way I wanted it. Lovely theme, super service!
- darrenwingham (bought 10-49 items)
Great theme and great support.
- clinto69
Great theme, nicely thought out and easy to work with. Plus really great support from theMOLITOR who responds very quickly to questions.
- Cookfreshfood
The site looks great and is easy to work with. The author also provides great, responsive support.
- Bighouse63
Forum support questions answered within 24 hours. Good instructional videos. Easy to implement.
- Jennhaack
Features:
- “Mobile-Friendly” as tested by Google Developers
- Front-end post submission form with validation and email notice
- Responsive
- Translation ready (.POT file included)
- Retina ready
- User Bookmarking
- User layout control
- Sticky menu
- Tag index page template
- Unlimited color options
- 300+ Font Awesome Icons
- Checklist, Buttons, Font Icon Shortcodes
- Custom header image background support
- Parallax header background effect
- WP menu support
- Theme options via WP Theme Customizer
- WP featured thumbnail support (no TimThumb)
- WP widgets support
- Advanced jQuery animations and effects
- Demo content XML included
- Looks pretty on an iPad
FREE updates
Changelog
v1.2.5 - Jun 2015
* Added: ZoomBox lightbox plugin zip file to files folder (optional).
* Removed: prettyPhoto lightbox plugin due to vulnerability.
v 1.2.4 - May 2015
* Added support for WordPress 4.2 sidebar requirements
* Improved Customizer markup
* General code improvements
v 1.2.3 - Dec 2014
* Fixed popular posts thumbnail URL error on home page.
v 1.2.2 - Nov 2014
* Fixed popular posts listing error on home page.
v 1.2.1 - Oct 2014
* Fixed recipe submission blank page error.
v 1.2.0 - Mar 2014
* Added image upload feature to recipe submission form
v 1.1.1 - Jan 2014
* Code improvements and minor design updates.
v1.1.0 - Oct 2013
* Added front-end post submission form with validation and email notice
* Optimized code
v1.0.0 - Sept 2013
* Initial release
Latest Release… VYSUAL
Words can’t express how satisfied I am not just with this theme, but the support… Looks exactly like a professional movie site should. My production has a very high standard and it was crucial the website reflected that standard. Thank you Chris!!!
- samgosper
its available as html5 template without wordpress
ReplyDeletethx
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteCurrently this theme is only available for WordPress.
Best,
Chris
Please you can create a new template in wordpress from my my settings
ReplyDeletecesar
cesargaray@outlook.com
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteI’m not sure what you mean. For support, please post a thread on my support forum and provide as much detail as you can: http://themolitor.com/forums
Best,
Chris
need new template
ReplyDeleteYou can do a job, to spend my wordpress website under the same format, just changing some data
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteI’m not sure what you mean. Please post a thread on my support forum and provide as much detail as you can: http://themolitor.com/forums
Best,
Chris
You can do a job , ( viagamarra.com ) to wordpress, ???
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeletePlease use this form: http://themolitor.com/custom
Best,
Chris
When you come across a person like Chris you know that you have struck gold!
ReplyDeleteChris brings amazing creative designs and practical layouts that serve well. Backing all of this with quick responsive times and very useful answers to all your questions.
He is talented on many levels and this shines through not only the Kitchen table theme but the many other themes that he has created.
This was a 5 star experience!
Thank you!
I really appreciate the nice remarks! Glad you’re enjoying the theme
ReplyDeleteBest,
Chris
hello
ReplyDeletesupport RTL ?
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteThe Kitchen Table is translation ready, but RTL is not currently a feature built into the theme.
Best,
Chris
I’m interested in buying The Kitchen Table, but I have a few requests and questions.
ReplyDeleteRequests:
Support for microformats and Google Recipe View.
The theme doesn’t seem to support it now https://www.google.com/search?q=site:themes.themolitor.com/kitchen+tea
Read more https://developers.google.com/structured-data/rich-snippets/recipes
Improve smartphone view (both portrait and landscape mode). There are problems with 2 out of the 5 list views (all except the first and the last one) and the right sidebar.
The problem is the blank space on the right side. Three list views and the right sidebar occupies only half the screen, the other half is blank. You can also see it if you resize the browser in desktop view.
Add a tab for nutrition facts in recipes (after Details). You can use the icon-info-sign icon.
Comment form before comments.
Maybe this is a personal taste. I dislike having to scroll through all the comments to leave my own comment.
Questions:
Can I have a video in the recipe? I choose an image thumbnail, but can I have a video in the recipe instead of a picture?
I watched your video walk-through. Can I compose a recipe in the visual editor, or must I use the text editor?
After watching your video walk-through, it seems like that the recipes are ordinary posts with recipes functions (a recipe format.) Does this mean that if I changed the theme, that recipes is still shown, but as ordinary posts?
Thought it would be preferable rather than themes that use extensions that doesn’t work with all themes.
I think this was all.
I just found something.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hover over Bookmark in post meta, the following text appears:
<i class="icon-bookmark-empty"> </i> Bookmark
I suppose it’s meant to be:
<i class="icon-bookmark-empty">Bookmark</i>
So that it says “Bookmark” when you hover over.
Hi there,
ReplyDelete1. The recipe/directions information is 100% controlled from the WordPress post edit screen (not a theme specific feature), so you can control all the meta data (such as Google markup, etc.) yourself
2. Regarding the responsive layout, some extra space may occur, but that is because the size of the images is narrower than the size of most phones/tablets. Even though there might be some “extra space”, there still is not enough space to cram some content in there. Text would be far too narrow in that space, so I made a design decision to just leave it as is. I would not label this a “problem” since having white space does not cause any issues or limit the ability for users to engage in the content.
3. Regarding layout changes/additions, that would require custom development services. You can submit a request for services here: http://themolitor.com/custom
4. Regarding videos, yes, you can embed anything you like as the post content is 100% controlled from the post edit screen in WordPress. Please keep in mind the image gallery is separate from the post content, so if you have images uploaded to the post, there will always be a gallery. The video/content would appear below that.
5. You can use the visual editor for creating posts. I just prefer the text editor.
6. Yes, the recipes are all posts, so if you change themes you will NOT lose your recipe information. It will display in a standard list view as is recommended. With other themes, not only will your recipe information not be displayed, but you might lose the actual content when you active another theme.
7. The bookmark feature is achieved using a plugin. This might be a setting that changes with a recent update. The title and text is 100% controlled by input fields provided by the plugin, so this is easy to change/alter. I’ll have to look into it myself, though.
Hope that helps!
Best,
Christopher
Just discovered that I wrote 2 out of 5 list views. Obviously I meant 3 out of 5 list views.
ReplyDeleteImprove smartphone view (both portrait and landscape mode). There are problems with 2 out of the 5 list views (all except the first and the last one) and the right sidebar.
As I wrote here:
The problem is the blank space on the right side. Three list views and the right sidebar occupies only half the screen, the other half is blank. You can also see it if you resize the browser in desktop view.
Oh, and this was meant to be a reply to the above topic…
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteI’ll respond to your main comment…
Best,
Christopher
When
ReplyDeleteComes out
new update
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteThanks for purchasing!
There is no set release schedule for theme updates, so I don’t have a specific date or timeline for you. Be sure you have your update notification settings turned on so that you receive an email when an update is available.
Best,
Christopher
I have purchased the KitchenTable theme and I was wondering if the comments section can be introduced at the end of each post rather than the tab at the begining of the post? My website is http://hebbarskitchen.com/ and you can see my individual post at http://hebbarskitchen.com/mango-rasayana-mavina-hannina-rasayana-aam-ras-recipe/
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteThanks for purchasing!
For support, please use my support forums: http://themolitor.com/forums
Best,
Christopher
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI need an info about the theme before to decide for the purchaise. It is possible, for the post where recipes are described, in the part “directions” (steps of recipes), to insert a gallery of 3 pictures per direction?
Thank you
Daniel
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your interest in The Kitchen Table!
Yes, you can enter anything in that space that the WordPress editor will allow
Best,
Christopher John
just to be 100% sure. I need:
ReplyDeleteDirection
3 pics
description of 3 steps
3 pics
description of 3 steps
3 pics
description of 3 steps
3 pics
description of 3 steps
Is it ?
Daniele
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteLike this? http://s33.postimg.org/oapvfu54v/Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_2_43_19_PM.png
Best,
Christopher
yes thanks !
ReplyDeleteI purchased “The Kitchen Table”.
ReplyDelete1. How do I remove the Assent on the Header Image. I need a clear image.
2. How do I reduce the width of the left side bar.
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteFor support, please post a thread on my support forums and I’ll be happy to look into this with you. https://themolitor.com/forums
Best,
Christopher
Presale question: is it possible to show metadata below the thumbnails using the small grid, or does it always have to be inside the thumbnail-box?
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your interest in The Kitchen Table!
It’s definitely possible, but requires custom development. To get an idea of the time and cost involved, please feel free to submit a request here: http://themolitor.com/custom
Best,
Christopher