TechDesk - Responsive Knowledge Base/FAQ Theme
TechDesk – is a Helpdesk / FAQ / Knowledge Base WordPress theme.
Clean and intuitive design with a tons of features & options: live search, widgetized areas, faq post format, shortcodes and much more.
TechDesk is a simple way to create your own Helpdesk/FAQ/Knowledge Base of information, with no technical knowledge or expertise required!
Theme is powered by the SMOF Options Panel, which provides tons of options to manage and modify any aspect of the theme – it is well suited for both beginners with no coding knowledge and developers.
It comes with 9 custom widgets, 5 widgetized areas , 5 post formats (image, audio, video, gallery, standard), Unlimited Home page layouts and tons of theme options.
TechDesk theme developed on the Bootstrap 3 — sleek, intuitive, and powerful mobile first front-end framework for faster and easier web development.
Key Features
|
Theme Updates
Read the View Changelog
Support
Support for all our themes is conducted through the ColorTheme support forums, if you’d like to start a new thread over there either myself or another member of the support team can take a look at your issue
Support Forums | Create an Account | Find your “Item Purchase Code”
Theme Features
- WordPress Customizer
- Fully Customizable
- Quick & Easy Setup (demo data included)
- Custom Logo & Icons
- Post Social Sharing Integrated
- Custom Backgrounds
- Unlimited Colors
- Sticky Menu
- Font Awesome Icons Integration
- Developed on the Bootstrap 3 — The most popular front-end framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
9 Custom Widgets
We’re trying to make your job easier, so we have included 5 custom widgets that you can easily drag and drop to activate and customize. Place the widgets in any sidebar or widget area. And we’re always adding more upon user request!
- Fully Responsive Design (Optimised for iPad and iPhone)
- Retina Ready
- Outstanding 5-star Support
- We care about your site as much as you do, which is why we back up our themes with 100% free support. We have a support forum set up for users and we quickly answer your questions.
- Clean coded with best practices in mind
- SEO Optimized with semantic HTML5 markup
- Child Theme Support (included)
- Fast Page Loading
- Translation/Localization/WPML Support
- RTL Support (rtl.css file included)
- Demo Content (.xml file included)
Customer reviews
Recent Projects
Altera – Knowledge Base WordPress Theme
Pravda – Retina Responsive WordPress Blog Theme
Phrase – Responsive WordPress Blog Theme
TrustMe – Responsive WordPress Magazine / Blog
CrossRoad – Responsive WordPress Magazine / Blog

Hello, this theme have a ads configuration in the theme settings? can I add an adsense block under the post title or under the metainformation (that is under the post title) in some option of the ads configuration of the theme?
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteBy default there is no any special Ads settings. But you can use special plugins for this or add your Ads directly via theme files.
Yeah I taught to use plugins too… Did you test some ads plugin with this theme? I’m thinking to use “WP PRO Advertising System – All In One Ad Manager”, available in codecanyon. Do you know if is compatible with your theme?
ReplyDeleteNo, but I can’t see a reason why they wouldn’t be compatible.
ReplyDeleteHello, whats your email or site to support about some functions of the theme?
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeletehttp://color-theme.com/forum
Hi, is your theme compatible with WooCommerce 2.4? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteBy default it’s not compatible with WooCommerce. But you can easily integrate it – https://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/
Hello, I have a problem when embed self hosted video. I embed using “add media” menu
ReplyDeleteplease check this screen capture http://snag.gy/KcOJ4.jpg
Please help me
Hi,
ReplyDeleteAnd what the problem is? Please clarify.
The problem is on the player, you can see on the screen capture. First block is video player and just contain black screen with video toolbar. Second block is below social share logo. Video playing on this block not on first block. Actually i just embed 1 video on this post.
ReplyDeleteDo you understand what i mean? If you doesn’t understand i will create video screen capture to show you the problem
Try deactivating all plugins. If that resolves the issue, reactivate each one individually until you find the cause.
ReplyDeleteI just use jwplayer plugin, and i’ve try to deactive this plugin but no success. The problem still exist
ReplyDeleteI need access to WP admin panel, to see what the problem is. Send me a message through my profile
ReplyDeleteTechDesk 1.07 Available for Download [2016-05-29]
ReplyDeleteChanges:
- Fixed: Minor bugs
- Added: Option for a custom video
Changelog
Is it possible to create multiple pages similar to the homepage layout on the the demo site, so that each page could display different categories? Thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt’s possible via Page Builder plugins, like Visual Composer etc.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you have any other questions or need further clarification.
Hi, the theme looks great. are there any plans to introduce voting on articles, and social login? some other kb themes have this. thanks
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your interest in our theme.
We recommend to use third-party plugins for this. It’s more safer and more flexible.
TechDesk v 1.08 available for Download [2016-10-04]
ReplyDeleteChanges:
Fixed: Minor bugs
Updated: TGM Plugin Activation
Added: Option for a FAQ title page
Improved: Gallery post format
Removed: Fav icon options from the Options panel (can be uploaded via Customizer)
Changelog
Hi, I have problem with acces to forum. My question is how can i changed the color of widgets
ReplyDeleteHi. For the sidebar widgets you can change in the widget options. For the main widget (categories with subcategories) you must specify color for the category (Articles->Categories)
ReplyDeleteTechDesk v 1.09 available for Download [2016-11-25]
ReplyDeleteChanges:
Fixed: Minor bugs
Improved: PrettyPhoto feature
Optimized: Speed site performance
Optimized: Java scripts
Changelog
Hello, before buying this theme I need to know some questions.
ReplyDeleteI’ve seen in your homepage live preview you have different boxes.
The first option is a category and the rest of data are ‘entries’.
1- I need to change these 'entries' for 'subcategories' of the main item.
2.- I would like to order these subcategories by different criteria. Sometimes by according to the number of visits, others by the most searched..., and others.
Thanks
Hi,
ReplyDelete1. Do you mean something like this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz98ie6ijm4k2eo/TechDesk1.png?dl=0
2. Unfortunately no such feature.
Yes, I mean this
ReplyDeleteWould it be possible that you modify the theme? I mean, that you’ll give us a budget to program this feature.
Thanks
1. Yes, it can be changed. But need additional development work.
ReplyDelete2. Unfortunately no.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI have some Questions:
1. I use the TechDesk v 1.02 – how can I update to a new version – must I make all the steps 1.03, 1.04….etc 1.09?
2. Where can I get the files for update`?
3. When I update will it kill all my changes in functions.php etc?
4. On the frontpage and side boxes – I have the line ….9 Months old – no comments. Can I cut out the info “x comments”?
Thanks, Zerge
Hi,
ReplyDelete1. Yes, you need to replace all the files from 1.03 to 1.09 versions. Or you can replace entire theme directory in case you use a child theme.
2. You can download the latest version on ThemeForest.
3. Yes.
4. It’s possible, but needed customization work.
Hi, I want to know if the theme is compatible with WPML language plugin.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Yes, this theme fully compatible with the WPML.
ReplyDeleteTechDesk v 1.10 available for Download [2017-02-26]
ReplyDeleteChanges:
Fixed: Minor bugs
Improved: Breadcrumbs
Removed: Twitter widget. Recommend to use third-party plugins
Changelog
Hi:
ReplyDeleteis there full width blog post?
Hello,
ReplyDeleteBy default no such feature, but this can be changed esily.
Is it possible to replace the color background with image? (like on front page the color block categories)
ReplyDeleteHello. Yes, it’s possible. Go to “Appearance -> TechDesk Options -> Styling Settings -> Default Background Settings” in WP admin panel and specify Uploaded or Predefined images.
ReplyDeleteOptions for fullscreen images:
- Use Predefined Background Image / BG Color / Upload Your Image: Uploaded
- Background Attachment: Fixed/Scroll
- Background Repeat: No-repeat
- Background Position: Full Screen
- Uploaded Background Image: Upload your image for BG
Hit “Save All Changes”. That’s all.
Hi there Zerge
ReplyDeleteI’m really like this theme, one problem though, CT-shortcodes doesn’t work for me. When clicking an option the interface loads but it’s 100% white. Just a white screen, any idea why?
Hi. Thanks for your question. I’ll check and let you know.
ReplyDeleteI checked it. I can see a window with shortcodes but it works not correctly. I will try to fix shortcodes in the next update. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteTwo quick questions:
ReplyDelete1. How do I select how many sticky articles show up on the front page? Right now it looks like by default that all articles are showing up.
2. How do I select categories to show up on the front page? I’ve played around with adding CT: Categories with sub-categories and CT: Custom categories, but none of them seem to be showing up?
Hi.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your questions.
1. Unfortunately, Sticky widget displays all sticky posts. I will try to add new options in the next update.
2. For excluding some categories you should use widget “CT:Categories With Sub-Categories Widget”. Enter tag_ID of categories with separated by a comma which you want to hide in the field “Exclude categories:”. You can to know tag_id for each category if you will hover on category in the “Articles->Categories” in the WP admin panel (tag_id will be show in the status bar your browser). I agree with you is not entirely convenient
Thank you for the quick response! For the second question, my issue is that no matter what I tinker with, no categories are showing up. Is there something specific that I need to check off before the category widget works?
ReplyDeleteYou should create a new page and specify template for it (specify template in the right side in the page settings.. below button “Publish”).
ReplyDeleteAfter it go to “Settings->Readings” choose “A static page (select below) -> Front page” and select your new page.. Click “Save Changes”.
You can see more here https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page .
Thank you.
To follow up, perhaps I didn’t phrase the questions well: 1) I didn’t mark anything as sticky and so far all articles show up on the front page. How do I mark certain articles (posts) as sticky and others not? 2) I’m still talking about articles (posts) and not pages, and I have no way of making an entire category show up, even though I have made categories under the Articles section. So far, the home page I can create only has the most recent articles, and playing around with widgets on the home page doesn’t seem to make a difference.
ReplyDeletePlease provide me access to the your wp admin panel via my profile
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI know I can change the background color of the Side-widgets at the the widget menu and inside the widget (last posting etc.). But: where can I cange the color for a Textbox-Widget?
Hi, if do you mean a Standard Text Widget then it’s impossible with standard options. It’s posible using CSS styles for text widget.
ReplyDeleteFor example:
.widget.widget_text {
background: #FF0000;
}
Hello, I`ve a pre-purchase question:
ReplyDeleteMy client want to make something similar to a wikipedia but for musicians.
The content will be articles about musicians, mp3 files, and files to download.
Here is a site similar to what my client wants:
http://www.musicapopular.cl/generos/ (this can be the home)
http://www.musicapopular.cl/generos/cancion-melodica/ (here is a one genre page)
http://www.musicapopular.cl/grupo/inti-illimani-r/ (and this is an author section)
Can I do this kind of site with your theme?
Thanks for your answer
Regards
Pablo
HI. Thank you for the question.
ReplyDeleteIn the demo, you can see all the pages that can be displayed.
techdesk:
Home – http://wp.color-theme.com/techdesk/ (categories with sub-categories), http://wp.color-theme.com/techdesk/giving-wordpress-its-own-directory – single post,
altera:
http://wp.color-theme.com/altera/ – home
http://wp.color-theme.com/altera/being-an-exclusive-author-what-do-i-need-to-know/ – single post
Thank you.
Hi, Serg! Great theme! Many great features! Is it possible to show related posts block below the post? I didn’t see it in demo preview, but its very popular feature wich is used by 99% wp sites.
ReplyDeleteHi, AUTZ!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately no, but I will add in the next update.
Thank you.
Thank for your instant reply! Will be waiting for this update. By the way, another one great trending feature worth your attention: when users can rate post after reading. It can be a 5 star rating or likes and dislikes. With this feature you can get a feedback from users and see what articles is useful or not.
ReplyDeleteThis feature is used in knowledge base themes by Hero Themes
https://themeforest.net/user/herothemes
and other knowledge base templates
It can be added as a 3d part plugin from Code Canyon and others, but I really hope to see it in you next update.
Please, let me know if its possible!
I don’t know which is it a plugin.
ReplyDeleteBut if it the plugin from Code Canyon you will can buy it and to integrate yourself.
Thank you.