Photographica - Portfolio Tumblr Theme
Themeforest Photographica - Portfolio Tumblr Theme Blogging Theme

May 29, 2017 — v1.6
April 7, 2017 — v1.5
v.1.3 (March 13, 2014):
v.1.2 (June 18, 2013):
v.1.1 (June 6, 2013):
v.1.0 (April 22, 2013):

Please send me any questions that you have or any bugs you find (or any feature that you would like to see added) – to support@themelantic.com. I will be happy to help and would be very useful to keep this theme updated, improved and bug-free.
Current Version: 1.6 (View Changelog)
Photographica is a portfolio Tumblr theme aimed for photographers and other creative professionals. It’s versatile and easy to customize.
- Homepage/Tag list with thumbnails
- Responsive web design / mobile ready
- All post types
- Support for Group posting
- Search
- Custom colors
- Google WebFonts
- Disqus Comments
- Localization
- Logo as an image
- Two navigation areas (primary and secondary) for tags and pages
- Support for Audio / Video Thumbnails (when available)
- Photosets Layouts (as option)
- Lightbox support (full screen zoom)
- Pages and Ask form supported
- Customizable navigation (based on tags)
- Google Analytics ready
- Hook for footer code
- Social sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest
- Social Network links: Behance, Creative Commons, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, Picasa, Pinterest, Tumblr and Twitter.
- Support for Submit and Ask
- Continuous support and updates with new features
- JQuery Library
FitVids.js – A lightweight, easy-to-use jQuery plugin for fluid width video embeds.
Photoset Grid – jQuery plugin to arrange images into a flexible grid by Jonathan Moore – Style Hatch.
JQuery Fullsizable – jQuery plugin to take full available browser space for image viewing.
HTML5Shiv (HTML5 IE enabling script) by Remy Sharp
ie7-js (A JavaScript library to make MSIE behave like a standards-compliant browser) by Dean Edwards- Script to display or hide content in the homepage / Toggle Nav button by Nelson Martins
Fontello – icon fonts generator- Disqus
- Google Analytics
CSS Reset by Eric Meyer
Normalize.css by Nicolas Gallagher
Raleway font by Matt McInerney / Pablo Impallari and Rodrigo Fuenzalida | Google WebFonts- All photos and illustrations on the demo site by Patricia Carvalho
May 29, 2017 — v1.6
- Added: Thumbnail images on Link posts.
April 7, 2017 — v1.5
- Added: Support for SSL
v.1.3 (March 13, 2014):
- Added: 2 extra Nav Tags (total of 9).
- Added: Group posting compatibility (optional).
- Added: Support for images tagged ‘instagram’ be in real size.
- Added: Option to swap primary / secondary navigation.
- Added: Option to place secondary navigation on footer.
- Added: Option to reverse pagination.
- Added: Submit link on top nav (optional).
- Added: Audio (cover) Thumbnails.
- Added: Video (image) Thumbnails.
- Added: Footer Code text field (optional).
- Fixed: Minor tweaks in the smaller screen view.
- Fixed: Tags spacing.
- Updated: Photoset is now using the responsive code.
- Updated: FitVids to version 1.1.
v.1.2 (June 18, 2013):
- Added: Answer Post type.
- Added: Option for logo font size.
- Added: Option for body text font family and size.
- Added: Option for titles colors.
- Fixed: Option for font family and color for text and headings.
- Changed: Article meta info above Disqus comments.
v.1.1 (June 6, 2013):
- Added: Disqus Comments (optional).
- Added: Smaller images on content pages (optional).
- Added: Option to center tagline.
- Added: New Like / Reblog buttons.
- Fixed: Tumblr original photoset layout fixed (optional).
- Fixed: CSS Share bar (text alignment).
- Fixed: Logo (text version) spacing in mobile version.
- Fixed: FitVids include (removed wrapper).
- Fixed: Remove underline from logo.
v.1.0 (April 22, 2013):
- Release of this theme.
Please send me any questions that you have or any bugs you find (or any feature that you would like to see added) – to support@themelantic.com. I will be happy to help and would be very useful to keep this theme updated, improved and bug-free.
Hi! How do I add navigational arrows on the photos? I’d like to be able to click on an arrow and move forward/back from one photo to the other.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hi Huascar311!
ReplyDeleteYou have navigational arrows on each page (on the gray top area, near the share icons).
I hope this helps.
Hi, I noticed it shows exif info, however I’m thinking of using this for my design work and illustrations, not photos. Is there a way to hide/remove the exif info beneath the images?
ReplyDeleteHi cobrastyle! Yes, it is optional to show the exif info
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteJust curious if there would be any way to make this theme group blog friendly?
Would happily buy it a second time for another project, but this one is for a group.
Thank you,
Derek
Hi Derek,
ReplyDeleteI will consider this in my next update (planned for March)
Thanks!
Really hope multi-author support finds its way into the next update and if not I hope you release something new that does because you do nice work and I really am very happy with Photographica!
ReplyDeletethank you
Thanks
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteWondering if anyone could suggest how to decrease the amount of padding between the “logo” and the site description?
http://derekmlacey.tumblr.com/
Thank you,
Derek
Hi Derek!
ReplyDeletePlease add this to your Custom CSS field:
@media only screen and (min-width: 581px) {
#site-content .logo {
padding: 2em 0 0}
}
#site-content .nav-tags { margin-bottom: 0 }
I hope this helps
Thanks!
Hello!!! LOVE this for my photography portfolio, just one question.. Please tell me I can post more than one photo on each post??!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hi TashaK12!
ReplyDeleteSure! You can see a sample here:
http://photographica-theme.tumblr.com/post/47034152365/the-seagull-and-the-old-man-duis-mollis-est-non
Please let me know in case you have any other question
Hello,
ReplyDeleteAny ETA on when the fix for Instagram images will be put into this wonderful theme?
Thank you
Derek
Hi Derek!
ReplyDeleteUpdate 1.3 will be out hopefully March 13 I expect that will be solved then.
Thanks!
And tomorrow is March 13th so I am crossing my fingers and toes for this update!
ReplyDeleteCurrently working on it You should receive an email when ThemeForest publishes it.
ReplyDeleteHello Misspato,
ReplyDeleteExcellent Template!!
I want to use a background image where the models are either to the far right or far left (so not to be block by the post) except when I upload the image it seems to always center the image.
Is there a work around or fix?
I hope I didn’t confuse things.
Thanks
Bernie
LOL…I somewhat answered my own question. I used photoshop to crop the image closer to the edge…Unless you have a better solution?
ReplyDeleteHi Bfrazierimages!
ReplyDeleteSure, just add this to the Customizer > Advanced > Custom CSS:
html {
background-position: top left;
background-size: auto;
}
Use ‘top left’ or ‘top right’ depending on your photo. I hope this helps
Issue resolved
ReplyDeleteI forgot to include my tumblr light
ReplyDeletehttp://bfrazierphotography.tumblr.com
Thanks
Again
Issue resolved..Thanks
ReplyDeleteHello Again,
ReplyDeleteI continue to receive the message below when I try to access my “Ask Me” page. I do have “ask” enabled…. How can I fix?
Not Found
The URL you requested could not be found.
Hi again!
ReplyDeleteYou need to switch the Ask feature in your Tumblr settings (https://www.tumblr.com/settings/) – check the ‘Let people ask questions’, then ‘Show Ask Link’ in the Customize Panel.
“Ask me Anything” Is working fine now…Thanks for the Help and quick reply!!!!!
ReplyDelete